The Office of the Registrar will send your transcripts at your request to the common application services (see below for detailed instructions) as well as to our office. Transcript problems are the most common cause of delay in your application so please utilize the instructions below to forego any issues! You will also need an Official Transcript in your own possession as well in order to fill out the common application services information. DO NOT use an un-official transcript as they can often have different information as the official ones. 

Re-applicants do not need to send us official transcripts if there have been no updates!

To request your transcripts to be sent to us, you will need to order them from Testudo or go to the Registrar to pick one up. We do not accept transcripts via email. Our physical address is:

Reed-Yorke Health Professions Advising Office

1210 HJ Patterson

College Park, MD 20742

Those of you enrolled in Spring and/or Summer courses should still send us an official transcript, even without grades being posted.  We need them to begin your file reviews as soon as possible.

To request your transcript be sent to the common application service: Wait until the common application service opens for the application cycle you are entering before sending transcripts to the common app service. For example, AMCAS will start accepting official transcripts on May 1 and not before.

You must use the Transcript Release Forms (TRF) that is available to be printed out from the electronic application of each service (AMCAS, AADSAS, AACOMAS and OPTOMCAS each have a version of this form). Submit the transcript release form to the Registrar's Office and any other post-secondary school that you attended from which you will be required to submit a transcript (refer to the HELP function on the actual application). In most cases, the TRF will print with the address of the Registrar's Office at the specific school, so you don't have to look up the address. DO NOT USE OUR ADDRESS, HPAO DOES NOT ACCEPT THESE FORMS AS WE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS ANYWHERE.

The Registrar's Office at UMD requires that along with your TRF, you submit the Official Transcript Request Form, which can be mailed, faxed, or submitted in person. Remember, a transcript is only "official" if it is sent directly from the Office of the Registrar. It cannot come from you (even in a sealed envelope).