veCollect Account Registration (More information)
First-Time Applicant Committee Letter Packet (More information) = $90
Re-Applicant Committee Letter Packet (More Information) = $20
To access these forms, you must first make your payment. Once your payment is successful, you will have one-time access to the forms, so plan to fill out the appropriate form(s) immediately. For the Pre-Health Packet (when available), you MUST at least fill out your name and email address and press SAVE so you can return to the packet later.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, so be sure to enter the correct amount before submitting. No one should pay more than $90 total (you are either a First-Time or Re-Applicant; you cannot be both).
If you are unsure* about the amount you owe or have any other payment-related issues, please call the office at 301-405-7805 PRIOR to submitting payment.
*For students who previously submitted a packet but withdrew prior to completing a mock interview, you will be required to submit a new First-Time Applicant Pre-Health packet. However, these students do not have to pay another application fee to access the packet. These students should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get a link to access the 2019 cycle packet.
Students who submitted a packet, completed the mock interview, but never applied to Medical/Dental/Optometry/Podiatry schools will need to submit the Re-Applicant Pre-Health packet and pay the $20 fee.
The following checklist will appear again on the first page of the Pre-Health Packet. Please be sure you meet eligibility requirements before you purchase the packet. Refunds will not be available for students who are not eligible!
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE REQUIRED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE COMMITTEE LETTER.
- I have submitted the appropriate payment ($90 for first-time applicants) and opened a veCollect account (link here to forms and resources page)
- I am on the HPAO listserv. Applicants are required to subscribe!
- I will release my common application to my advisor
- I have requested official transcripts to be sent to HPAO (original or photocopy; we will not accept unofficial) from all colleges and universities attended, including UMD. Transcripts are used for internal purposes only and will not be forwarded to schools.
- I understand that if I have never met with an HPAO advisor one-on-one at any point, that information will be in my Committee Letter.
- I have not previously applied and been admitted to professional school utilizing the HPAO committee process, nor have I completed any semesters at a medical, dental, optometry or podiatry school in or outside of the United States.
- I understand that HPAO will not forward any letter packets that do not include science letters of recommendation.
- I have read over the Applicant Timeline, posted on the HPAO website, prior to submitting this packet.
- I have taken or am currently taking the following courses and have earned a grade of C or better in each:
- 2 courses in biology (with labs)
- 2 courses in general chemistry (with labs)
- 2 courses in organic chemistry (with labs)
- PHYS I and PHYS II (pre-dental students excluded*)
- BCHM (pre-dental, pre-OPT students excluded*)
*PHYS and BCHM are very often requirements for dental and optometry school. PHYS is not tested on the DAT and BCHM is not tested on the DAT or OAT; thus they are not eligibility requirements for a committee letter but may still be a requirement for the professional school you are applying to. It is possible to be completing them as you apply to dental and optometry school.