- Are You Ready?
- Committee Letter
- Credentials Forwarding Service
- Letters of Recommendation and veCollect
- Applicant FAQs
- GPA Calculator
List all grades for classes to be included in GPA calculator
- Total GPA: list all classes attempted regardless of the grade received.
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math GPA: list all science and math courses. (dental applicants should omit math courses as they are not part of the AADSAS calculation)
- Post Baccalaureate GPA: list classes taken after you finished your 1st undergraduate degree. Do not include Masters or Ph.D. program course work.
- Graduate GPA: list classes that have counted towards a Masters or Ph.D. program.
Professional and graduate schools, and the application services they use, expect you to include ALL attempted classes (although not "W" withdrawals). Even if UMD has let you retake the course and counts only the higher grade in your GPA, professional schools require that you use both grades in your GPA calculation. This means that your calculated GPA may be different from the one that appears on your transcript.
Pre-Med students may use this AMCAS GPA Calculator which will produce the required calculations for you. Please note that this document is not produced by the HPAO but is posted here as a convenience for students. Pre-Dental students will have to complete this calculation by hand using the ADEA Instructions.
If you prefer to do the calculation by hand, use the following chart for reference. Please note that calculations for Dental Schools are slightly different.
Grade Value (in points)
| Total: 44
|| Total: 102.2
Your GPA is your total quality points: 102.2
Divided by total credits attempted: 44
Total = 102.2 / 44 = 2.3227272