- Pre-Health Advising
- Contact Us
- Calendar of Events
- Past Presentations
- Facts and Figures
- Are You Ready?
- Committee Letter
- Letter Forwarding
- Letters of Recommendation
- Forms & Resources
- Applicant FAQs
Forms & Resources
Please note: Forms with a fee associated will take you to a payment page before you can access them.
- veCollect Account Request Form ($20)
- (AVAILABLE DECEMBER 13) First-Time Applicant Pre-Health Packet ($70)
- Note: this $70 does not include veCollect fee if you do not already have an account.
- (AVAILABLE DECEMBER 13) Re-Applicant Pre-Health Packet ($20)
- Students are considered an HPAO re-applicant if you previously submitted a Pre-Health Packet and completed the mock interview (whether you ended up applying or not)
- Letter Forwarding Form (only for students participating in the Committee Process)
- Submit this form once you have received secondary/supplemental applications (if applicable)
- This form MUST be submitted before any letters will be forwarded
- Submit in person, fax, mail, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for your Pre-Health Packet
- Total GPA: list all classes attempted regardless of the grade received.
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math GPA: list all science and math courses (dental applicants should omit math courses as they are not part of the AADSAS calculation)
- Post Baccalaureate GPA: list classes taken after you finished your 1st undergraduate degree. Do not include Masters or Ph.D. program course work.
- Graduate GPA: list classes that have counted towards a Masters or Ph.D. program.
Professional and graduate schools, and the application services they use, expect you to include ALL attempted classes (although not "W" withdrawals). Even if UMD has let you retake the course and counts only the higher grade in your GPA, professional schools require that you use both grades in your GPA calculation. This means that your calculated
GPA may be different from the one that appears on your transcript.
For students participating in the Committee Process, you are required to submit your official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (including UMD). You may have them sent by mail to the HPAO (if using Testudo for your UMD transcript, select "Other" from the drop-down menu for Destination. In the address fields, type in 1210 H. J. Patterson Hall, College Park, MD 20742) or you may drop them off in person. Please note that these transcripts are used for internal purposes only and will not be forwarded to application services or schools.